Dolores Gross's entry yesterday prompted me to tell of the well written
response by Senator Jesse Helms to my letter to him urging him to be a
co-sponsor of the Udall Bill. He basically said he would like to support it
but can't because it doesn't specifically forbid funds for fetal tissue
research. I personally suspect that most Republicans dislike giving money to
anything that doesn't directly help themselves, and his caveat is just a
convenient way of politically being for the bill while actually being
against it, if you know what I mean. If anyone has a good arguement to
counter Jesse's,  please send it to me. I would like to continue trying to
change his mind.

A jouster of windmills,  Bruce McCallum