Brian Collins wrote:

> On Sat 24 May, Joao Paulo Carvalho wrote:

> > In your river model you forgot to mention that our body must have too
> > some sort of "dams" and other systems for "flood control" .... what
> > would you say abou it ? What happens if they do not operate as they
> > should to avoid the "floods" ?   :-)

> Hello Joao Paulo. You are correct in observing that I made no provision for
> 'flood control' in my flooding river analogy. That is because I dont think
> the brain is equipped with such systems. If you consider a healthy brain, it
> is accustomed to receiving precisely the right amount of Dopamine, in the
> right place, and at the right time. It has no need for flood control,
> because it never floods. Flooding occurs only when we PWPs start swallowing
> quantities of levodopa, which is a comletely new experience for the brain.

Brian,

It always good to read yours excelent points and observations dear
friend.Excuse-me
 however if I am not being so sure about the regulation controls in our
body system.

In nature and in our body sure must operate the law of action and
reaction and seems that we may give a example that for instance the
cause of excess of glicose in diabetics persons would be the lack of
regulation in the production of substances produced by the pancreas.

In many situations always there is a excess of some substance in our
body there sometimes appears a system trying to reducing and controlling
this excess.

Then I wonder if a no PWPer that do ingest an excess of levodopa would
have the same side effects as a one with PD(the models of the floods).

Warm regards,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+