I think there may have been some mis-understanding about my comments on
Aricept. If an elderly person is suffering from loss of memory, confusion,
etc. this could be indicative of just plain Dementia, and I can see good
reason why Aricept would be beneficial to both PWPs and Non-PWPs, since we
all have the apropriate brain cells serviced by the neuro-transmitter
acetylcholine. It is also plain to see why all the books warn that Artane
should not be used on elderly patients, because as an anti-cholinergic drug,
its mission in life is to block the formation of acetylcholine.
   What I was trying to say is that I don't expect Aricept to display any
ability to improve the standard symptoms of PD: That is, Tremor,
Bradykynesia, Distonia, etc.  Also, I think it may be possible that Aricept
may fail to make much improvement if a patient is suffering from Diffuse
Lewy Body dementia; a disease which is difficult to separate from Alzheimers
in a living person.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>