Michael Claeys
Community Outreach Coordinator, PAN, writes:
Subject: Smith Bill Update

Three new Members have signed onto the Smith bill.  They are:

Dave Weldon (R-FL) - Smith bill cosponsor in 104th

Asa Huttchinson (R-AR) - Freshman, but in one of our current target
states, so an effort needs to be made to either change his mind         or at
least get him to also sign onto the Udall bill.

Thomas Manton (D-NY) - Udall bill cosponsor in 104th and member of the
Commerce Committee!  There has to be immediate and intense      response to
this!  My records show that the Health LA is    Elizabeth O'Hara.  We need
to find out what Manton is thinking.    I will call Manton's office today
and try to schedule an  appointment for next week.  We cannont have
Democrat members of     the Commerce Committee supporting the Smith bill!

If anyone has any insight on Manton's decision, please let me know.
Further, please let me know what activity is being focused on his
office, so that I can reference it during my meeting.

Thank you, and let's not wait.

Michael Claeys
Community Outreach Coordinator

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540