To my fellow list comrades:

Every now and then I need to step back from the fray and engage in a litt=
le
 introspection. I know I press to get PD related projects completed while=
still have the capability to do so.

We each approach are disease in a manner that we chose for ourselves. Som=
e on
this list elect to expose little of their personal feelings while others
elect to expose more of themselves.  I view the list as a tool to be used=
 by
the list members in a manner that each individual feels meets his or her
personal needs. The list obviously meets those needs since so many of us =
stay
tuned.

It takes a message like Bernard Joly=92s comments to his Mother to make m=
reflect on how we are all fighting a private battle with this disease as =
well
as the public battle. I read Bob Martone=92s comments about his wife Nanc=
y=92s
battle with PD and all the other personal accounts by list members of the=
ir
respective  battles.  I then gain a sense of appreciation for the skills =
retain and it gives me renewed strength to try and accomplish my personal
goals to help people with PD.
   =20
To all my fellow travelers when I am tempted to think or say a mean thoug=
ht
may God grant me the wisdom to understand your personal plight. I respect=
 and
admire you all and consider myself so lucky to have made so many friends =
in
the PD community. The friendships are one of the true blessings of this
disease.

Dale Severance