On Fri, 6 Jun 1997 12:57:15 -0400 you said:
><<The questions will be posted at weekly intervals.  You can respond to
>some questions and not others, as you wish.  You can respond "on list"
>or
>privately to: Leslie Van Dover at:  [log in to unmask]
>
>People join Lists for various reasons
>
>1.      How did you first learn about the Parkinsn List?
>
>2.      When did you first join the Parkinsn List?
>
>3.      What reason(s) did you have for joining the Parkinsn List?
>

>Leslie Van Dover
>McMaster University School of Nursing

  1. I heard about thelist from a faculty member in the Miami U. Speech
and Hearing Dept. because she used info from it for her students, and thought
our support group, of which I was then leader, would be interested. As it
happened that I was then the only group member doing email,I got on, for my
husband,the PWP,and for myself as CG.

 2.The earliest posts I have on file are from Jan. 1995, so I think that's
aboutwhen I joined.

 3. Purposes were to share material with our support group, as well as to
educate ourselves. Both have proved useful.  In late 1995 I started the CARE
list for CGs as a sublist of the main one, a subsidiary purpose I hadn't even
thought of when I joined!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"