Camilla, when you mentioned a rope tied to the bed frame, I got a mental
picture of a device used to life engines out of cars, I think it's called a
"block and tackle" , it consists of two sets of  metal pulleys, with rope, or
steel cables, attached to the item being lifted. the principal of operation
is the exchange of speed for power. You might take 10 times longer, but a 100
pounds takes the strength normally required to lift 10 pounds.  I  think this
could be easily adapted to lift or pull a person without  harm to the
caretaker. The parts should be available at a hardware store, or maybe an
auto parts store, I would guess it should not be expensive. Anyone who works
on engines should be able to supply more details.