Barbara Smith cgKen69/16 wrote:

<< ... His neurologist recently agreed
to start him on aricept as she says his dementia is "atypical" and it is
worth a try. He is only taking 5mg daily  which will be increased to
10mg
after six weeks if it helps. Already(after two weeks) many people are
noticing the change. He can get out words that he wants to say. He is
more
interested in the people around him and more responsive to them. He has
even
begun to read again. he is even better able to communicate his toilet
needs.
My youngest daughter had a long conversation with him and was in tears
with
joy. I know that aricept  "shouldn't" work with PD, but sometimes
"shouldn't"
doesn't mean "won't". I am eternally grateful to our  doctor for being
willing to try new things to help my husband.>>

the data seem to be that many are found to have indications of both PD
and AD in post mortem examinations. there is probable damage from
several types of dementia in those who live longer.  the potential also
exists that the Aricept migrates to help the AD senile dementia but is
not significantly detrimental to the imbalance of acetyl choline in the
striatal sites.

exceptions prove the rule.  new understanding replaces old theory with
new when something unexpected becomes disturbing to the researcher.

Bradyphrenia is not attributable to the CNS I conjecture. I would take
some Aricept to evaluate whether it affected my "slow-thinking" which is
often noticeable to me these days.  The recall of the word most precise
is more often a longer search than used to be the case for me. There is
no likelihood that the neurotransmitter chemistry and physical processes
are simple in the neural networks.

perhaps the next poll will be to obtain the positive or negative
resuilts of  trying Aricept?

--
ron      1936, dz PD 1984  Ridgecrest, California
Ronald F. Vetter <[log in to unmask]>