Elizabeth --

You'll find that you've joined a very special "club", because its members are generally willing to share their experiences with PD, both good and bad.  I joined the list nearly a year and a half ago, seeking information to help me learn how to be a long-distance caregiver for my father.  Dad was diagnosed 7 years ago, and has had his good times, and his bad times (as can be expected).

Ask your questions of this group.... you'll most certainly get answers. Weigh the answers.  Just as we are all individuals, we all respond differently to medications, exercise, sleep, herbs, etc.

>From my personal perspective, it's OK to be scared.  That's the first step. . . now learn about PD, and fight it.

Good luck!

Diane McHutchison
Long-distance caregiver for Dad (69/7+)