On Sat 24 May, Joao Paulo Carvalho wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> In your river model you forgot to mention that our body must have too
> some sort of "dams" and other systems for "flood control" .... what
> would you say abou it ? What happens if they do not operate as they
> should to avoid the "floods" ?   :-)
>
> REgards,
>    +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
>    +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+

Hello Joao Paulo. You are correct in observing that I made no provision for
'flood control' in my flooding river analogy. That is because I dont think
the brain is equipped with such systems. If you consider a healthy brain, it
is accustomed to receiving precisely the right amount of Dopamine, in the
right place, and at the right time. It has no need for flood control,
because it never floods. Flooding occurs only when we PWPs start swallowing
quantities of levodopa, which is a comletely new experience for the brain.
Nice to hear from you again.
Regards
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>