M E SANFORD wrote:

> The year after I was diagnosed PD I started working w/ a Personal
> Trainer. He made up a program for flexibility, strength and balance,
> went 3 times per week and it was amazing how much I "got back" that I
> thought were gone.  My balance especially - I can stand on one foot
> and
> pull my slacks up now & have taken 3 strokes off my golf game!!   I
> just
> feel better all over. Don't go to him much in the warm weather cause I
>
> get my exercise w/ golf and working in the yard and walking on the
> beach.  I strongly reccomend exercise for anyone, even if in a wheel
> chair.
>
> MARY E SANFORD

Hi Mary,

Keep up the good work!I bought a weights "machine" soon after I was
diagnosed about 20 months ago. At first it was fine but then I became
aware of shaking after the exercise which gradualy became more severe
with time. I have since stopped using it.

>From the experience of several people, this sort of training seems
beneficial.  Should I start again and persevere?

Notes on my Pergolide kick.

Have tried going up from [3 x  500] to [3 x 750] micrograms and do not
feel any better. Shaking is becoming worse (perhaps a progression of the
PD?), poor vision c 2 hours after the dose etc not much different. I
feel so good when its 8 hours since the last dose!

So I'm going down (slowly) to see what happens.

I'm putting these observations into the newsgroup as I was contacted by
someone who was really affected and concerned about the side effects.
Perhaps there are others.

Kind regards