Marling, I assume what you called a
'cherry picker" is the device used to remove engines from a car?  This
following story is true: a friend of mine had a car , a Dodge Super Bee, a
big, late '60's convertible, with all kinds of decals and stripes and an
engine with a carbureter so big, it had an opening in the hood, where it
stuck out, they called it a shaker (no pun intended) because you could see
the engine shaking while driving. (I am not making any of this up!)  ANYWAY,
one night, Jeff and another friend, were in a restaurant scarfing down a
large Italian feast, after about an hour they returned to the car, to find
the engine, transmission, and Jeff's ham radio, which was under the dahboard,
MISSING!! This was very sad, as the car was totalled, and Jeff replaced it
with a Ford Falcon, 6 cylinder, stick shift, as he lost his desire for fancy
cars. WHAT is the POINT, you are surely asking yourself, and WHAT does this
have to do with PD? Well, I'll tell you. First, I would like to know what
kind of equipment did the crook have, that enabled him to remove hundreds of
pounds of hot engine, transmission, etc. without making enough noise to
attract attention, in an hour or less? WHERE could we find whatever equipment
he used? If we could it might be perfect for assisting a caregiver in moving
or picking up a PWP easily.  AND (this is not related to PD, so you can stop
reading, if you want.) WHY does it take ALL DAY to have a single part, such
as a hose, removed and replaced at a large shop with modern equipment, and 30
mechanics, when this guy took out all the guts of a car in less than an
hour?????