I would like to intoduce myself to the list and ask if anyone would care
to comment on my case history.  About two years ago, I went to a
neurologist because I was experiencing rigidity in my right arm.  The
doctor did not feel I had PD for various reasons including the
unilaterality (right side) of my disability, but he prescribed sinemet
as a means of eliminating the possibility of PD.  I took substantial
doses of sinemet for about five weeks but did not notice any improvement
and quit.  My neurologist indicated that my condition might be cortical
basal ganglionic degeneration. Last year with increased disability, I
went to another neurologist who felt I had PD and again prescribed
sinemet.  Again I took sinemet faithfully for over a month, but again
stopped when all I experienced was nausea.

A few months ago, having lost nearly all ability to write, I started
taking Parlodel (bromocryptine) for the tremor I was experiencing.  The
Parlodel seemed to help as my tremor lessened.  About a month ago, I
went to another neurologist who felt I had PD and again prescribed
sinemet.  My reaction was dramatic.  Within ten days, my medication was
eliminating at least ninety percent of the symptoms that I had been
experiencing.

I am still a little dazed with thankfulness for a substantial part of my
life being restored. I am also wondering why sinemet had no effect on me
earlier and how much to attribute its present effectiveness to parlodel
working as an agonist.  I've only been reading this list for about ten
days, but during that time, there has been little mention of parlodel.
Do many PWP take parlodel, and what are their feelings about it?

I am grateful that this list exists, and now that I am a pill carrying
member of PWP, I hope that I can contibute to it.

Jim Traweek, 52
Seattle, WA