>1.      How did you first learn about the Parkinsn List?
Around 1994, has email on a Unix account, saw Parkinson's List on a List of
Lists.

>2.      When did you first join the Parkinsn List?
1994
>3.      What reason(s) did you have for joining the Parkinsn List?
I was diagnosed with Parkinson's in 1989  at 42 years of age and was
frustrated by the dearth of information on the disease.  The school library
where I work only had obsolete information in an article in the Family
Medical Encyclopedia showing an elderly, horribly bent lady with a claw-like
hand and grimly described Parkinson's Disease as one having an unrelenting
neurodegenerative progression to total disability.  Not being prepared to
accept my inevitable future transformation into the image of the old woman
staring at me from the book, I set out in search of more and hopefully
positive information on the treatment of the disease.

The list has certainly provided me with a wealth of information on all
aspects and manifestations of the disease as well as conventional and
alternative methods of treatment and positive research efforts.  I shared
this information with the Parkinson's Association of Victoria (Australia)
via a regular newsletter as well as the Young Onset Support Group I belong
to.  I've especially enjoyed reading the personal, emotional expressions of
the Parkinson's experience by the list members, and like Ron Vetter, I was
intensely affected by the deaths of Alan Bonander and Aviva Davor whom I got
to know through the list.  Though I feel guilty that I don't often
contribute myself to the list and tend to be more of a lurker, I read many
of the messages every day and feel that it and the members are an important
part of my life.

Celia Jones