 1.      How did you first learn about the Parkinsn List?

I read about it in the YPDA BBS run by Greg Johnson and also reading the
posts on
AOL Parkinson's Forum, which, by the way, is back in action. If you are on AOL,
go to Better Health and you'll see "Muhammad Ali and Parkinson's Disease" in
Community
Connections. In Self Help and Support Groups the Parkinson's Disease group
has postings
dating from 3/15/95 through 4/96. There are no current postings.

 2.      When did you first join the Parkinsn List?

 Sometime in 1995, according to dates on saved files

 3.      What reason(s) did you have for joining the Parkinsn List?

I was searching for information on the disease. Although being treated by
neurologists from 2 different university teaching hospital settings, I had
not been given information on the resources available from the national PD
organizations. I did not even know that support groups existed! This was
partially due to my naivete and not knowing what questions to ask.
Finding the list was like discovering a parallel universe -- a "home"
where there was understanding, nurturing and INFORMATION! Becoming
at ease with the "art of email", was a stepping stone to searching the internet,
and that, my dear friends, has to be one of the most thrilling experiences!

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540