^^^^^^GREETINGS  FROM^^^^^^^^^^
Ivan Suzman  47/10   [log in to unmask]
Portland, Maine   land of lighthouses  59   deg. F

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997 16:53:47 -0400 Barbara Mallut <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

Barb,

As I read your story, I felt awed by how WELL you function, considering:

>grinding, profound fatigue from about 4 or 5 pm till mid-evening, and
>2.
>more and more work is being dumped on me by MSN which has nothing to
>do with
>what I was hired for,

Can you meet with your boss about the inappropriate work load?

>is physically difficult for me to do because it demands precise, tiny
>controlled movements with the mouse.

EEEK!! Is there a DIFFERENT MOUSE on the market that would fit your palm
better?  I think we've talked about mice (computer mice) on the List
before....  not that I would like to HOLD a MOUSE all day...my kitty,
Winnie, is just fine, thank you......

>Whatever free time I have had each day is often lost to the fatigue,

THIS worries me, Barb.  Perhaps you could incorporate some breaks in your
schedule at work.  Stretch breaks, or go outside and smell the
flowers.....
or whatever is quiet and relaxing.....

I break up my day, which right now is filled with contractor and
subcontractor meetings, and decisions about what will work best for me in
my Parkinson's-adapted house under construction, by quiet breaks, no
music, no Muzak, no radio, no TV, and, I SNEAK back to my temporary
apartment to visit my kitty or to watch the goldfinches and
cardinals....I tell them I have an appointment to get to and due to
Parkinson's I need extra time..thank you, Parkinson's......thank you
Winnie.....

IVAN