<Bass HREF="file:///C|/PARK/CAUSE3.HTM">

(From: Janet)

Art & any & everyone else who cares to listen:  You will
understand more where I am coming from if you understand this -
I do not want to withhold any idea or anything that would have
even the remotest chance of helping, but neither do I want to
spout off a bunch of totally ridiculous notions that would be
better left unsaid, and what I am suggesting is somewhat like
some "phantom thief" that you can't see and only certain people
are affected by and even the effects are sometimes delayed.
Even though we know viruses, etc are precisely that still it
often seems incredulous to think or say that you believe you are
sick because of some invisible something floating around in the
air that affects very few people, and most likely even though it
is an inherited tendency, probably would not affect anyone in
your immediate household.  I think however that because I have
improved quite a bit from my worst state (and it was BAD) that
it is maybe even more than remotely possible that someone else
might benefit, so I continue:  I'll do my best to be as accurate
as I can but I am not writing some kind of research paper, I am
just "telling it" like I would relate anything in everyday
conversation and I'll most likely not do it in any sort of
approved method, and make errors, etc along the way.  (Did you
notice how YOUNG my new baby is?)  Again I will refer you to the
Massachusetts General Hospital's webforum site on the internet.
You will find "my story" under the main heading "Parkinson's
Disease" with a subheading "Airborne Allergens - a Possible
Cause?, though I will briefly retell most of it here.

To pick up where I left off.  After I was tested for allergies and had had
some of the experiences noted already we began (still with many misgivings
doubts, questions,etc) to do things under the assumption that allergy
reactions was the cause or a major contributor to my condition.  With this
in mind we proceeded to do what we could to reduce my exposure to allergens.
We literally gutted the whole house, replaced carpets with hardwoods, took
out drapes, linens, clothing, rugs, upholstered furniture, just about anything
that would hold dust was on the "get rid of" list.  We had been considering
some improvements anyway, so we decided to do it all now, which extended the
time and consequently my suffering, so I wished later on we hadn't.  Anyhow
after an unbelievable ordeal of me moving all around, etc we moved back  in.
I knew though that if it were allergy related the central heat system was
going to be a bug-a-boo and it was.  Because of this we had the ductwork
professionally cleaned.  They hooked up a huge vacuum in the basement
and literally pulled air from the upstairs rooms.  I was sitting in one
of the bedrooms upstairs after they left and it was time for my meds and
instead of being bad, my symptoms did another reverse and I became normal
for a few hours. (The ductwork wasn't so wonderfully clean, but it was
the fact that they had PULLED the air out of the rooms).  This was another
instance that made a lasting impression on me.  I will continue later,
Baby is crying and I am tired.  Thanks Janet.