-->>>>>>> Next Section <<<<<<<

here in Baltimore there is an organization called Volunteers for
Medical Engineering (VME) whose mission is to design and build
specialized equipment for handicapped persons, They are scheduled to
help me configure my workstation at home so that it is easier for me
to handle things when my medication is off. (Which is only fair
since I am a member whose job it is to assemble and give training on
donated computer systems for the clients.)

They also have a house called Future Home which has been automated
using off-the-shelf technology. The malin control system uses TV
sets for input/output and the occupants use a remote control to
operated it. (Incidentally, the controlling computer is a Commodor
128 since it and the old Ataris are the only computers that had RF
output!).

They also use one of the original versions of Dragon Dictate, a
voice recognition program. Its orignal cost was $1200 but the latest
version costs about $300.

I have copies of come articles about Future Home on my home page at
http://umbc.edu/~warr

Bruce
55/9
Sinemet CR & Pramipexole
<aka Starman on  #parkinsons>
* Some people express their ideas, others send them slow freight *