<Bass HREF="file:///C|/PARK/CAUSE4.HTM">

(From: Janet)

 I wanted to just note that occurrences like the ones that I have related
 are so common that there is even a name for them - "paradoxical kinesia".
 They are  referred to in about every book that I have read on
 Parkinsonism.  In Dr. Duvoisin's "Parkinson's Disease - A Guide for
 Patient & Family" Raven Press copywrite 1991 it is discussed on page
 37. (Third  Edition).  These occurences are neatly filed under
 "Phenomenon". (shouldn't happen given what we accept about the disease,
 but occurs so frequently we can't deny their existence so we  just
 say, "beats me - I don't have any idea why it happens..)

What I am saying is that these "phenomena" have  lost some of their mysteriousness
to me.  I believe the "phenomena" that I have experienced are predictable
and repeatable.  Other little puzzling enigmas that I have read about or
experienced myself suddenly become much clearer, in other words when you
are getting closer to the truth, the "head scratcher"things that happen
begin to be more "..sooo could that be why that happens...hmm"

That is where I am now.  I know what happened happened and the explanation
I have been considering for some time seems to fit in many ways and lends
an explanation to otherwise unexplainable happenings, but that is all
I have to offer, hence my reluctance to make really bold statements and
only say that I have enough evidence to satisfy myself.  I don't have
scientific proof or even anyone else's agreement, it would even be
nearly impossible to  absolutely prove that I'm telling the truth, so
I chose the legal analogy of,"here is my testimony and why I think it
happened"rather than, "This is the way it is folks". I think I've made it
clear, right? May I, (we) be free to bat about scientifically unproven
opinions, even musings? without fear of having to walk the plank or being
assigned to a disgusting detail? Thanks, Janet.