Hi.  My PWP husband does not suffer from canker sores, but I do, and it
always tells me I'm stressed or coming down with something (usually the
former).  Someone on this List recommended "Prescription for Nutritional
Healing" and for canker sores it recommends acidophilus (which I got at a
small health food store) and an anti-oxidant which I got from AARP, and
several other things which I haven't bought (trying not to spend too much).
 I think the book's recommendations have helped me, but by all means check it
for yourself and check with your dr.  Best wishes, Delda White