Hello ,
my name is Nigel Harland, aged 42, diagnosed in 1989, it was interesting to
read your comments and queries, as your medication regime is virtually the
same as mine, with the differnce being that I take madopar as opposed to
sinemet. I can only echo some of the responses that you already
received.i.e take your meds, (especially the sinemet) on an empty stomach
and wait for them to take effect before eating ( half an hour to three
quarters of an hour in my case). I have also found that if I take madopar
at the same time as the pergolide, it does not work nearly so well , so I
take madopar on its own, wait for it to "kick-in" then take the other meds.
At my last meeting with my neuro, I mentioned that after adding
amitriptylene to my meds list (to help me sleep) I noticed a definite
improvement in my overall mobility as well, and I asked if it was feasible
to increase the dose. He said it was more appropriate to add another anti
depressant, Benzhexol. So I did this , and yet again there was noticeable
improvement in overall mobility.
Hope that this has been of use.
Changing the topic, I found that eating cheese (esp' Pizzas) the previous
day, completely wrecks the effectiveness of the madopar on the following
morning.
Best wishes             [log in to unmask]