I am devastated.  I was reading my PD email, smiling, saving, humming right
along and then, in one brain-dead moment while idling in neutral, I clicked
wrong and

DELETED MY ENTIRE PD LIST FILE FOLDER !!!!!!!

If only there was punctuation that indicated agony.  I had to sit here for
several minutes, as nauseated as though I had taken an entire bottle of my
dad's agonists, holding my head while the computer cruelly eliminated
EVERYTHING.

All of my new friends.  All of the poetry and courage.  All the information
and triumphs and frustrations, the gallantry, fears and transcendent humor.
 All the web sites and support.  All that love.

The finest minds must get Parkinson's disease, because the people on this
list are thoughtful, articulate (even the beloved ones who cannot spell), and
caring.  Forgive me for taking up bandwidth with my grief -- I will miss
being able to re-read some posts for the social aspects, others as reference,
and those to which I can suddenly, finally contribute.  I look forward to
stuffing another file with "all of y'all" *, so keep posting!

Despondent Deanne Charlton (CG)
dcwrites (and weeps) @aol.com

* (a redundancy from the deep South.  Pointing out the tautological character
of the phrase is guaranteed to bring a blank stare.  My sister is the only
person I've ever heard say, "y'all both.")