Marling,

Let me tell you about coming from the dark ages.  I bought my first
computer, an Apple II+ in 1980.  I was not able to purchase programs to
do the things I wanted it to do but you know what, I could write my own
programs to do just what I wanted.  In 1986 I purchasd a new Macintosh
Plus.  I transferred the BASIC programs and files I was still using to
the new system, modified the programs for minor differences between the
the BASIC languages and I was 'off and running.'

Last year I decided that I should MODERNIZE to a newer system "THE
FUTURE."  I purchased a new Macintosh and to my suprise I can no longer
make the computer do just what I want it to do.  The BASIC language I
use on the old MAC cannot be used on the new MAC.  Microsoft chose not
to upgrade their BASIC language to work with the new operating system.
I have been told of a couple of BASIC oompliers for the new MAC but no
one can tell me how they handle random access files.

So I still compute in the DARK AGES using my old MAC to run all of my
customized programs doing just what I want them to do.  The new MAC is
used to access the internet.

Now I feel better.  I was able to tell my story to someone.

I joined this group about a month ago.  I just found out on April 11th
that I have PD.  Believe me, I have read some very informative postings
here.

Thanks,
Lou Al Chiaramonte   55/2 months
Tampa, Florida