Camilla;

                                                                         Good
luck with the Aricept. Ken has been on 5mg.per day for three weeks now, and
we are all noticing  improvement each day. I hope you and Peter have the same
experience. One interesting and helpful side effect for us is that Ken  is
having a bowel movement almost every day and with much less stool softening
or laxative help. From our point of view, this is a  much appreciated side
effect. Our Neuro said that Ken's dementia is atypical of both AD and PD, so
it could be from a shortage of acetylcholine. It seems that she may be right.
We increase to 10mg in a couple of weeks if all goes well, and I will keep
you posted. In addition to sinemet, Ken takes florinef, midodrine, zoloft,
and NADH, so there is alot of drug interaction potential, but we have noticed
nothing.

                                                                         Good
luck to you both

                                                                      Barbara