From:   Parkinson's Information Exchange  On Behalf Of Walter O. Huegel
Sent:   Friday, June 13, 1997 3:51 AM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        Frozen mask

RRE: Mask: 5years ago when my left hand would no longer function on the
violin finger board, I sadly sold the violin.  I took up the b flat
baritone horn.  I will play in the Elderhostel New England Brass Band at
Portsmouth, NH, this August.  A  brass or wind instrument is great for
lung capacity and the facial muscles. Be  prepared for daily
fluctuations in wind and lip capacity.

Re: The boss's review (Jack Faus message)...I've been through the
sqeezee of trying not to be labeled  a mal-lingerer on the job.
Milton's Sonnet on his Blindness expresses the dilemma, "Does  God exact
day labor light denied?" There comes a time when we have to concede to
ourselves that we have an illness which hampers our full participation.
We should not feel diminished,  that we are lesser people because of
this. .As they say, "In the kingdom  of the blind, the man with one eye
is King." At every stage of this progressive journey, there are still
things we can do or exemplify, even if it is "only"  grace under
pressure.  Replies welcomed.

Find a cure....Support the research movement..."Let's get physical" says
the song..."Let's get political."