 Hello Kathrynne--I want to update you on our situation, incase you have any
suggestions to help.  Peter still loves the Hearty Balance granola-type bars,
and eats one (or 2!) daily. However,I can't get him to use either the liquid
supplement or the powder version. He still insists on Ensure, which I try to
limit to evenings due to the 9gm protein per can.  Can we use this at lunch
if supplemented with extra carbo? Could you suggest best way to do this?
Today I gave him Ensure, plus a small bowl of cereal with blueberries and he
ate a few dried apricots (label says 29gm carbo per serving!) One problem
is that he is rather suddenly having a loss of appetite, and can't think of
what he wants, among the appropriate possibilities (for lunch, esp.)The
need to avoid protein knocks out eggs, peanut butter,cheeses, etc, I think--
am I wrong?  He weighed 142 a couple of weeks ago, but is now down to 137,
so I'm concerned.  Any suggestions youmay have would be welcome!

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter, 78/7, Oxford,Ohio
"Ask me about the CARE list for PD caregivers!"