To:Leslie Van Dover
   McMaster University School of Nursing

You asked:

>4.      Why do you stay on the Parkinsn List?

Because I am receiving the benefits I hoped for when I joined. Essentially,
these are to help my husband and me deal with his PD and its attendant
problems.

>5.      What are the three most important things you get from the
>        Parkinsn List?

a. Information related to medications, medical and surgical procedures,
research and legislation. Also internet resources and archived information.
These sources enable us to talk to our doctors more productively than was
possible before we joined, for example.

b. Assistance, suggestions, and advice from others to help solve the
problems that we have in coping with PD. List members are generous in
sharing their considerable expertese.

c. Other viewpoints and opinions broaden ones horizons. It is helpful to be
aware of different ways to look at a problem.

>6.      What else are you getting out of belonging to the Parkinsn List?

Humor to lighten the spirits and inspiration from the poems and prose of
others who walk the same path we do. Encouragement when spirits are low.

Martha Rohrer  CG for Neal, 77/12