#4.Why do you stay on the Parkinsn List?
I went off for about 2 months while I was going through surgery on my non-PD
arm.  I missed the support and humor.  I especially missed talking with people
who really understand both my problems and why I laugh at it.  I believe we all
need support and this group is such a varied circle that it helps me all around.

#5What are the three most important things you get from the
        Parkinsn List?

support: we cry with each other, we laugh with each other, and we answer each
other's questions better than any set of doctors could (besides there are many
doctors, nurses, librarians, and researchers on the list)
information:  the information is invaluable and could not be given from any
other source with such authority
fun: without the humor of this list I believe I would spend many more hours
crying than I already do.  When my depression is at its worst I can usually turn
to this list and find something that will lift my spirit.

don't forget how to laugh
Marling McReynolds
[log in to unmask]  (work)   or    [log in to unmask]