Mary, now that we know the name of the unit (Hoyer lift) why don't we contact
the manufacturer, and pose the same questions: can they design an under the
arm sling, and modify the base to fit under normal beds, and maybe make it
smaller and easy to manuever.  I have no objection to becoming wealthy, but
if the original company had something we could use NOW, I would get it and
let them get wealthy!    I was trying to invent a vertical device for the
times that dad slips down and mom cannot get him up without help, but to have
something strong, it is usually big and heavy, and therefore, hard to move to
where you need to use it.......Maybe some of the others here have seen a
device that would meet these requirements?