At 09:45 PM 6/16/97 -0400, Marling wrote:
>I have been thinking of the walking stick idea instead
>of a cane.  Maybe I can have a friend carve it specially for me.

Marling, I have been using a walking stich for about a year.  It is much
better than a cane for catching falls. It has prevented serious injury.  An
added benifit for a PWP is that the walking stick enables you (forces you)
to stand up straighter.  Mine is a branch of an oak tree about 7 ft. tall
and 1 1/2 inches thick (the branch, not the tree).
                                                                        Peace, John