The June 15 issue of the NY Times Magazine published a Letter in response
to the May 25 article written by Michael Lewis on Sen. McCain. I am not
familiar with the author of the letter, but would like to thank Thomas Congdon,
Nantucket, Massachussetts for expressing what we need to drive home to the
politicians, the media, the population and even ourselves:
only with ACTION will there be RESULTS -- we must seize all opportunities to
chip away, NO, BLAST away the barriers that block the cure for PD!

"Perhaps the most powerful moment in Michael Lewis' stunning portait of John
McCain is the Senator's trip to the bedside of his benefactor, the great former
Congressman Morris K. Udall, as he lies alone in a room in a Washington veterans
hospital dying of Parkinson's disease.

If collegiality means anything, why aren't senators of both parties rushing to
co-sponsor the so-called Udall bill, which finances research on Parkinson's?
With support, science has a good shot at vanquishing this devastating illness."
Thomas Congdon, Nantucket, Mass.

All together now, let's make those phone calls!

Margaret

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540