In a message dated 97-06-15 14:42:54 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Dick Swindler)
writes:

<< he best things
 you can do for your father are a) make sure he's taking an adequate amount
of
 medication - Sinemet, etc., b) if there are signs of depression, check into
 getting him on an antidepressant if he's not on one already, and c) love him
 and keep trying to make that human connection.  It sounds as if you're
 already doing the latter. >>

I asked my Mom about depression, and she said she didn't think that he was
depressed....of course even before PD he wasn't the type of person to
communicate his feelings.

I do have a question...when he talks he often can't find the word that he's
looking for, and I don't know if I should wait and see if he comes up with
it, or help him by trying to guess.  Anyone else with PD have that problem?
 Do you prefer to be left alone or have someone help?

Sue