Hi Marling,

First I would make a list of usual and "off the wall" tactics, read the
list and enjoy a good laugh (as per your own perscription).

Then you can:
1/ call in the troops: get all your friends, relatives, acquaintances, to
call Rep. Riggs preferably within a few hours of each other. Show his office
staff that you are a power to contend with!
2/ write letters, cards, send copies of your medical/pharmacy bills
3/ send the mail 'Certified"
4/ Rep. Riggs and his family live in Windsor, do you know anyone who lives
there? Perhaps you can make a contact via the PTA, Little League, etc
5/ I assume you have been calling his DC office? Try calling his home offices,
Eureka :707-441-8701, Napa:707-254-7308 and complain! It is possible that
his staff is new and untrained.
6/ as a last resort, you can contact the local paper and "express yourself"!

Good luck,
Margaret

At 09:38 PM 6/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>What advise can you give to one who calls and calls their representative
(in my
>case Frank Riggs) and gets no satisfaction.  I have been told 3 times now that
>the person I need to speak to is in a meeting.  I called on different days and
>at different times.  I e-mailed but have received no answer, although the
>receptionist did confirm that they had received it.
>Also, on at least one occasion an aide lied to me when he said that Rep. Riggs
>was a co-sponsor last year and signed on already this year, neither of which is
>true.
>
>Thanks for your help
>
>don't forget how to laugh
>Marling
>[log in to unmask]   (work)  or    [log in to unmask]

Margaret Tuchman (55yrs, Dx 1980)- NJ-08540