wrote:
>>>Does anyone know about Ropinirole?<<<

Cheerio Diane!
     Ropinirole is a dopamine agonist ( a classification of
drugs that imitate the action of dopamine) manufactured by
Smith-Kline Beecham.  In a recent trial it improved motor
function in recently diagnosed patients, who had not yet
taken levodopa.  The dosage was between 1.5 mg and 8 mg
three times a day.
     Compared to Parlodel, patients showed a greater
improvement of symptoms, with or without the addition of
Eldepryl.  Ropinirole was well tolerated and may be more
effective than Parlodel in patients not treated with Eldepryl
(Deprenyl).
     Side effects include low blood pressure, slight nausea
and on rare occasions, the onset of psychosis. All side
effects stop when then medication is withdrawn.
     IMPORTANT NOTE:  Adverse drug interaction . . .
     Ropinirole is a D2 receptor agonist and is not to be used
in conjunction with certain antidepressants, such as Buspar.
The antidepressant Prozac is considered to be a selective
serotonin inhibitor and should not be used in combination
with Eldepryl/Deprenyl.
     Good luck in keeping your Mum off her bum.

Stephan 52/6  from the colonies.