Stephan Schwartz wrote:

> >>Cathy Bradley/Mary G. wrote:
> >>Please explain the difference between Sinemet and
> >>Sinemet CR<<
>
> Hi CB/MG:
>
>      Levodopa is universally recognized by researchers as the
> most effective treatment for PD.  In order to inhibit the
> metabolism of the levodopa outside of the brain, carbidopa is
> added.  This medication is available as Sinemet in three
> ratios: 25/100 (carbidopa/levodopa), 25/250 & 10/100.  At
> least 75 mg of carbidopa per day is necessary to prevent
> metabolism of levodopa outside the brain.
> Good luck.    Stephan 52/6

Hi Stephan,

I have a question about the assertive that at least 75 mg of carbidopa
is really necessary in the case of a PDer with mild or light PD and
taking a lower amount of levodopa,say less than 200 mg of
levodopa/day.Are these figures accurate ?

How about Madopar that uses chloridatre of benserazine instead of
carbidopa ?

Warn regards,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+