>   I am trying to establish some data as to the numbers of firefighters (both
>paid and volunteer) who have been diagnosed with PD. Are there any CG's or
>PWP's out there who know of any firefighters with PD?

Stephen,
 My husband was a volunteer fire fighter before he got PD.  I remember him
coming home one time after a fire and his beard and hair were singed and a
plastic pen he had in his chest pocket had melted around the curve of his
body... But we never thought of fire as a cause of PD.
Another question?
I did wonder how many people with PD have been blood donors all their
lives, as Bob was.
Is there something about giving blood -- that is the body having to be
catching up each few months??? I don't know, just thinking out loud.
Joy Graham