I have a question about a change in my mother's face (my mother was
diagnosed with PD in Feb.). I notice (and she does, too) that her mouth has
changed a bit -- her smile is slightly different. I also have noticed that
her mouth is often a bit open. I suspect this is the PD. What I'm curious
about, however, is that for many years she seemed to have a tick around the
mouth; in the past, when her mouth was slightly open (as it is now) her jaw
would regularly jump down quickly and slightly. In fact, it was so slight
that when I recently mentioned it to my sister, she didn't know what I was
talking about. Now that tick is gone.

Did anyone have such a tick before being diagnosed? Just wondering if it
was part of the overall PD package. Thanks.

Debbie White