>>> Walter O. Huegel <[log in to unmask]> 06/17/97
06:28am >>>
> > Oh yeah?!  Well, you son of a squid!  Get down in the
bilge and man the pump!
> I suppose it is only fair if I clean up the bilge; I speak
enough of it.
> > And don't show your face on deck until you have written
letters to your two senators and congressman/woman in
support of the Udall bill!
> Just as soon as you tell me who are the senators for
Australia.  (We aren't the 51st State yet!  :-)  )
> Jim
>  James F. Slattery, J.P., M.A.C.S.
>  JandA Computing Consultancy
>  E-mail: [log in to unmask]
      Walter replied:
>>>To Jim and all nay-sayers:
>>>Look up the word SARCASM. It comes from the Greek
>>>word for flesh. SARCASM means to "tear the flesh." The
>>>German word for casket is "Sarg" from the Greek word
>>>for flesh. Let's bury your sarcastic comments.
>>>Surely Udall and its supporters  don't  deserve to be torn
>>>up. That this list is international,  has been adequately
>>>stated by  others before you. . Scripture says something
>>>about seeing evil in the good that someone  does. Is
>>>your sarcasm an example of let's bait  those "Ugly
>>>Americans? "Think global. PD is global. Support Udall, if
>>>only by not tearing it apart with undeserved
sarcasm.<<<
     Stephan to Walter:
WHOA! WALTER! LIGHTEN-UP!
     First, Jim was responding to my posting, so his remarks
were addressed to my challenge.
     Second, he correctly exposed a defect in my command
[as self-appointed Captain of the S.S. _______].  How can he
write a letter to a non-person (i.e., the U.S. Senator from
Australia)?
     Third, in the last-but-not-least department: haven't you
ever heard of self-deprecating humor?  Jimmy Durante, Bob
Hope, Victor Borge, etc.?   Jim included himself in the joke.
      Now, get back up into the crow's nest with your C flat
baritone horn (tuba) and don't come down until you think of
three "knock-knock" jokes!.

Stephan  52/6