Don, I have something serious to say, which may be out of character for me,
but it may make sense: I would love to have my memory like my son's which is
almost like a video tape of everything he has done or seen in 22 years of
life. BUT,  I am 54, and have almost 2 1/2 as much time to have memorized, I
believe you can have so much information in a brain, that it becomes a
burden. Some things are better to be forgotten, especially if they are not
all pleasant, or necessary things to remember.  Maybe our brains are just
resting a little.  Maybe it's natures equivalent to formatting a hard drive
in a computer, and cleaning out the un needed duplicated stuff, to make room
for new data?  Just a theory, but something to think about! P.S. I almost
remember how to use a sliderule, and how to send morse code, but I would
rather use my brain to understand the newer technology, if I have to make a
choice. Ken B