Just visited my doctor today.  Dr. O'Brien, Movement Disorders Section,
Colorad Neurological Institute, Swedish Memorial Hospital, Denver
        Finally felt I needed an anti depressant.  Went on Zolofft 17 days ago and
my tremor (left hand) went out of sight. lip tremor returned.  peculiar
feeling when walking returned.  50mg Bad.  25 mg pretty bad -- ok for
depression.  Today, Dr. O'Brien put me on Welbruton and said it should
improve the original state of my tremor (Before Zolloft  -- BZ).  Told me
that no indication Ropinerol will stop progression and at some point I will
probably need to add another drug.  Disregarding my current reaction to Z, my
last exam still resulted in "mild" after 5? years {have to sit down and
figure it out}.  Before I went on Ropinerole -- 30 days after diagnosis at
Mayos and Sinemet -- I qualified as an experimental patient since I had not
been on Sinemet more than 30 days.
        Before diagnosis and Sinemet: Loss of sense of smell, My voice was  becoming
very low or soft.  worse tremor in left hand than BZ and peculiar feeling
when walking lip quivering.  Today, I felt pretty much as I did before my
diagnosis -- except the tremor was worse.  During the interim, I had none of
these symptoms except left hand -- much less than today.  One other point, I
am a recovering alcoholic of some 18 years.
        I have been on Eldepryl 5mg times 2.  plus final dosage of Ropinerole of 8mg
AM, 7mg at noon, 7mg at supper.  My blood suggar has been going up, but I
have had problems for years and don't blame Ropinerole..  Now I have to deal
with it as it is worse.  Blood pressure today was -- cant keep them straight
61/141 or 141/61?
        I have never had any of the on/off problems with Ropinerole (knocking on
wood).  Sleepiness yes.  Some insomnia at night.  voice has been good
(exercise by singing in car when alone)--except for the past week when it has
been weak again.  do have many of the other litle things, drooling, problems
tying tie.  But I have done very well (slight left hand tremor).  Hard to get
out of bed or a car. Sore muscles. Have massage l time per week and try to
work out (moderately 2 or 3 times per week.
        As to your last question, Ropinerole is made by SmithKline of King of
Prussia, Pa.  It is my understanding that it is supposed to be released this
summer.  Keep your fingers crossed.  It is a great medicine -- that is my
conclusion.
Jack Stanfield ([log in to unmask]) Laramie, Wyo.  age 62