Smiles are really nice, and contagious, and ...well who could say anything
bad about them, HOWEVER...some of the funniest comedians are "deadpan" they
do anything to avoid cracking a smile, as part of their act. Steven Wright
come to mind, but he is a fairly recent example. He is hilarious, he does
sometimes "lose it" and actually start to laugh at his own material, but that
is rare. Also what about Jackie Mason? He is usually complaining and
explaining, but rarely smiling or laughing. i think the perceivd seriousness
of some of these folks make them funny to us, and obviously it is their job
to make us laugh, or smile.  If anyone wants to really have some fun, go to
what used to be a "record store" (I feel old now!) and try to find the comedy
album section, which is becoming smaller every year!  Get a cassette, or cd,
or if you are lucky an LP record...hey you might even find a place with
Edison cylinders, or 8-tracks! But seriously(!) get into the old and even the
new time comedians, Some of them can make a dead person laugh!  If you are
not opposed to some "dirty words" I just got a CD by Robert Schimmel,  after
a day with all kinds of grief, I was laughing out loud for almost the whole
thing. I know laughter won't cure PD, or any other disease, but it sure helps
make life worth battling for! If you can't smile, GROWL, but enjoy it! Ken B