In regard to the letter from the firefighter's wife who wondered
about toxins on the job, and blood donations--I read in one of Jean
Carper's health books that donating blood 3x year could rid the body
of excess iron.  Iron has been implicated as a culprit in free
radical production in PD.  So I wondered if donating blood several
times a year could actually be beneficial.  Our nephew has
hemochromatosis, which is a potentially lethal accumulation of iron
(not from his diet), and he has blood drawn on a monthly basis to get
rid of the excess iron.  So there could be something to it.  Has
anyone ever heard of this?  Would love to hear your comments.  Thanks
in advance.  Ann Gibbons