        To BSchirloff.  There is a very active (New England) Coalition to
Pass the Udall Bill with much help and backing from APDA I & R Center at
Boston Univ and PAN.  We have a strong grassroots effort here in Vermont,
home of Sen. Jeffords and among other strategies, working to get signature
from each and every resident voter in his hometown of Shrewsbury and
present these to him when he's home for July 4 recess.  I am the Vermont
Support Group liason for this effort and  Elliott Haynes of Shrewsbury is
the Vermont representative to the coalition.  We've been at this for
several months now with petitions, letters, phone calls, personal visits
etc.  You should know that Jeffords has his reasons for not co-sponsoring
--a.  because he is committee chair now (he was a co-sponsor last session)
and b.  because he plans to do away with earmarking.  We like to think our
efforts have been SPECIAL and sorry you have not been aware of them whoever
you represent.

*****
Janice Clements
649 Everest Rd.