Hello...just learned from the VA a person's income cannot be over $26,000
per year in order to take advantage of their doctors, prescriptions, etc.
Once again, middle income people get left behind (Really had to forced
myself not to use a certain expletive here.).  However, to anyone
interested, do recommend you give them a call since our financial situations
vary and there are always "different strokes for different folks".

On June 12, 1997, in the Eugene Register Guard, a news release from
Pensacola, Florida, reports:

        "Military retirees over age 65 who enlisted before a 1956 law may
sue the              government for breaking its promise of free health care
for life, a federal            judge ruled Wednesday.  But U. S. District
Judge Roger Vinson also limited the         claims to $10,000 per plaintiff
and ruled that those who entered the service           after the law was
enacted may not sue.  The 1956 law allows for treatment at
military medical facilities only on a space-available basis, but recruiter
and         recruitment literature continued making problems into the 1990s
of free                lifetime health care without mentioning the restriction."

Not too long ago, a person on this list sent me a brief email mentioning
some kind of insurance for the military called Champus...or something like
that. I then replied asking, yet, another question offline, but so far my
inquiry goes  unanswered. Does anyone else out there have a brief
discription as to what the insurance is all about?  If so, please answer
here so others who are interested may benefit.  Thanks.

Clara Nistler
Eugene, OR
When you stare into the abyss too long, the abyss stares back at you.
-Nietzsche