Dennis Greene wrote:

> To the US citizens on the list,
>
> Before I get hung, drawn and quartered for what I am about
> to say I would like to put it on record that: :
>
> 1.      I believe that the succesful passage of the Udall Bill is
>         something to be devoutly wished, and strenuously
>         worked for.
>
> 2.      I am aware that the research will benefit PWP in every
>         country in the world, including myself and my fellow
>         Australians.
>
> 3.      I am in awe of the intense efforts to get the bill passed,
>         being made, both collectively and individually, by American
>         PWP.
>
> Despite the above I have until recently felt that there was no way for
> non US citizens to do more than cheer you on from the sidelines. Not
> having the ability to vote against a politician rather invalidates any
> attempt to put pressure on him/her.  In fact it is my belief that a
> foriegner
> attempting to usurp the rights and privileges of an  American would be
> more likely to alienate your politicians than to win them to the cause.
>
> Is anyone aware of a protocol which will allow us into the campaign
> in a meaningfull manner.  If such a protocol exists I will joyfully make
> my contribution. If it does not,  I will remain on the sidelines.
>
> It is precisely because there is so much riding on this that we must
> do it right.
>
> Dennis.
>
> ++++++++++++++++++++
> Dennis Greene 47/10
> ++++++++++++++++++++
>
> ----------
> >
> > To anyone who thinks there is nothing they can do to help pass the Udall
> bill
> > if they don't have a Senator or Representative or if their Senators and
> > Representative have already cosponsored, PLEASE CONTACT CONGRESSMAN
> BLILEY.
> >
> > We ALL need the Udall bill.
> > The Udall bill S.535,HR.1260 would authorize $100 million per year, for
> up to
> > 3 years, for disease research, establish ten research centers across the
> > country, and create a national Parkinson's Disease Information
> Clearinghouse.
> > "It is imperative that we give our scientific researchers the necessary
> > funding and support to combat this debilitating, degenerative disease that
> > afflicts millions...  This bill will help us make significant sceintific
> > progress in finding a cure for a disease that knows no boundaries, does
> not
> > discriminate and strikes without warning."  U.S. Senator John McCain
> (R-AZ)
> > upon introducing the Udall bill to the 105th Congress.
> >
> > To everyone who may benefit from the Udall BIll no matter where you live-
> > Please contact:
> > CONGRESSMAN THOMAS BLILEY  and convey the following message:
> >
> > "We have 56 Senators and 200 House Cosponsors on the Morris K. Udall Bill
> [...]
Dennis..I am not familiar about protocall, but wish to express my
personal feallings in regard to world wide participation. How can it do
anything but good! For a politician to be made aware that this is a
world wide concern would definitely make them wake up and take
notice.Politics here in America is " by the people and for the people."
I can't imagine your helping opinion would be misconstrued as "usurping
our American priviliges" or.."alienating our politicians!" It would be
pretty darn exciting to see many responses from countries around the
world express their concerns to...lend a hand in stressing the urgency
of passing the Udall Bill. This is not an election for the President or
any other political office. Then I could see your concern. This is the
105th Congress where decisions are made that effect millions of lives.
In this case..world-wide, not just America. This is the point to hit
home.

It is wonderful that this internet brings all nations together. Even
more wonderful is the fact that people of other countries are listening
and wanting to help.

Many Kudos..Carol from Nevada. [log in to unmask]