At 06:05 PM 6/18/97 -0400, you wrote:
><John Cottingham's archives on fava beans are very interesting.  I
><wonder if there is anyone out there currently eating fava beans and
><if so, what your experiences have been.  Favorable?  In what way?
><Where do you obtain the fava beans?  How do you prepare them?  How
><large a portion do you have?  Thanks in advance.  Ann Gibbons
>
>Ann: our local natural foods store stopped carrying FAVA beans because so
>few people bought them, but is ordering a few packages for me to try.  I
>too would welcome information on  "how to's".  Emily Jackson, [log in to unmask]

The Current Topics List contains several articles on fava beans, including recipes and the defining study by Dr. Kempster in Australia. If you have the Current Topics list, look for the topic Diet.

Those who haven't received the Current Topics List can send email to:

On the subject line put:

Send Current Topics Information

I haven't updated it in a couple of years.....but it still answers a lot of basic questions and serves it's purpose.

[log in to unmask]    That man may last, but never lives,
                    Who much receives, but nothing gives;
HomeBoy #Parkinsons  Whom none can love, whom none can thank,
                      Creation's blot, creation's blank.
John Cottingham        Thomas Gibbons (1720-1785):
                        When Jesus dwelt.