Hi Kerry:  I am also a lawyer who has had to retire after fighting the
disease for ten years. Per a seminar I attended at Beth Israel Hospital last
month PD effects our short term memory but not our long term memory..

Yesterday I felt well enough to drive to an appointment with a new internest
by myself.  After the appointment I returned to the car but could not find my
keys. It was just a short distance from car to the doctors front door. I
spent 20 minutes looking for the keys and finally called my wife to come and
bring me another set. I used the nurses phone and she overheard my
conversation. When I hung up she asked if I checked my jacket pockets. I had
forgotten that I wore a coat and sure enough they were in the coat pocket.
 That is my example of short term memory loss for the day.

I also find it extremely difficult to see a task thru to completion, this was
never a problem prior to PD. After having spent my working years making a
living with my brain it is disconcerting to begin to lose control of it.

This old saying comes to mind: Cheer up things could be worse so I cheered up
and shore enough things became worse.

Dale Severance (56/10)
Syracuse, NY.