At 04:13 PM 15-06-97 -0400, you wrote:
>       Can anyone of you wonderful folks please tell me the differences
>between Sinemet and Sinemet CR?  I know that  the CR is the time -
>released, but I don<t see any appreciable difference.  Moreover, the
>first dose of the day takes much longer to "kick in".  Does anyone have
>any information that you could share with me?     Thanks so much....Mary

Hi Mary, I have been using a slow release for some time now.  The slow
release does take longer to kick in.  What you need to do is to calculate
how long the first dose takes to kick in.  You then know how long it takes
to pass through your digestive tract into the body and through the blood
brain barrier.  Don't forget to eat something with slow release.  The time
varies with different people.  But is usually some-where in the time frame
of one to two hours.  It will benefit you to take a small amount of ordinary
sinemet say 100mg. to kick start you in the morning.  This is best taken
first on an empty stomach or with a dry biscuit if you have any nausea
problems. When this wears off your CR should be taking effect.  Remember to
take your next CR four hours after you took the first lot of CR, not four
hours after the first lot kicked in. Hope this will help you. Regards Mary
T.  49/7>