Hi Carol, Ivan and Walter,

My initial posting began:

> > Before I get hung, drawn and quartered

Looks like I got that bit right at least.
 *grin* (as some would say)

Before we all go off at half cock I would point out that
I have already said that I want to get involved.  What I
need is someone who can tell me how to in a way which
will actually achieve something.

At the moment my choice appear to be restricted to polite
BEGGING letters.  I cannot demand anything from a US
politician because I am not one of the people he/she
was elected to govern on behalf of. My experience of
representative government is that polite begging letters get
polite, off hand, refusals or just plain ignored..

Please don't interperate this as an excuse not to get involved.
I don't need one. If I wanted to stay out of this fight I would
have stayed quiet - who would have known.  This is a genuine
attempt to find a way to join your political process without
offending either your politicians or my sense of worth. This
may be to important an issue to worry about my feelings,
but my sense of worth is a potent weapon in my personal
war with PD, I need it entact.  As for politicians not taking
offence - a politician in favour of the bill probably wouldn't;
one opposing it could use the issue of as a lovely smoke
screen.  Perhaps the old cry could undergo a slight re-ordering
of the words and become "no representation without taxation".
Wars have been fought over these issues.

I want to get into this battle but I have no weapons. I cannot
demand and I will not beg.  What I need is someone who
is familiar with US political-speak to provide a form of words
that 'asks strongly' (for lack of a better description).

Dennis.

"Show me the words"
Sir Thomas More
'A Man for all Seasons'