I am the American cousin of a Norwegian in his 10th year of the Parkinson
Disease battle.  Within the last two months I  saw a documentary on TV
showing an operation being done in France with dramatic results in many
cases.  It differed from the Swedish operation in that nothing permanant was
done in case of a future cure.  I have just returned from Norway and a visit
with family and my cousin.  He knows nothing of such an operation nor does
another cousin who happens to work within the health care system in Norway.
What is this operation being done in France?  I recall mention that the U.S.
was investigating the possibilities of doing it here.  I did not write down
the details of the documentary because I then believed my cousin would know
about it.  Over these years, I have watched him fight this battle with
intelligence, courage and the most incredible strength of will.  Parkinsons
is a world wide disease. Sharon Blomlie O'Hara ([log in to unmask])